Monday, October 17, 2016

PUT ME IN A COMA

Coma Cluster Void. Holy shit. This might be the most badass debut LP I've ever come across. Mike DiSalvo is back with some insane musicians alongside him. This band takes everything we knew about math metal, and cranks it up to 11. Imagine blending the dissonance of Gorguts with the sporadic riffs of Ion Dissonance, and then adding even more batshit crazy rhythms and tunings. The only other band that comes close to this level of sonic brutality is Frontierer, and I feel that Coma Cluster Void even passes them by without comparison. 

I've listened to this LP front to back about 5 times now and I'm still having a hell of a time trying to find the time in some of these songs. The technicality and musicianship on display here is overwhelming and insanely obscure.  This is truly one of the most unique and experimental metal albums I have ever come across, and it will most definitely be one of my favorite releases this year.

You can check out the full album stream below. The full album is available on the band's bandcamp page!


No comments:

Post a Comment